| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Getting ready for the big day!  (Read 5639 times)

cr-steve

Getting ready for the big day!
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »
Tuesday 10-11-11 I will be Donateing left kidney to my friend. It will be done at Baptist Health in Little Rock. Looking forward to seeing my friend get well.

Offline jatopa

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Getting ready for the big day!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 05:22:49 PM »
Best of luck to you and your friend!

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »
What an incredible thing you're doing for your friend.  They are very lucky to have you in their life.  I hope all goes as anticipated and I wish you both the very best of outcomes and speedy recovery.  Please keep us updated on how you both are doing post-op.  Bless you for the selfless gift-of-life you're about to give. 

Peace and prayers!

Scott   8)
Scott

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:08:31 AM »
Congratulations to you and your friend! Please do let us know how your surgery goes as soon as you are able to. We will all be thinking about you and and rooting for you that everything goes smoothly. Bless you both!

Best Wishes! :)
Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:27:44 AM »
Best wishes and prayers for you both.
   Fr. Pat

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »
Good luck!  Makes me kind of jealous and wishing I could go through the donation process all over again!  Take a notebook with you and jot down thoughts, a timeline of the surgery, etc.  You might want to get a friend or family member to keep track of the times when different things occurred.  My sister did that-she kept a timeline of when each update was made while I was in surgery, what was being done at that time, etc. The last time she listed was when I was moved into my room.  It was cool to have later on to reconstruct the timeline so that I could remember what happened.  I also took a disposable camera and gave it to someone on the surgical staff to take pictures for me.  I really enjoy having them as well.

Praying for complete success for you and your friend!
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
Hope everything went well.  I wish I had photos.
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional