| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: "Remember and Rejoice" Cathedral service  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
"Remember and Rejoice" Cathedral service
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:33:49 PM »
     Those in the New York area may be interested in the annual "Remember and Rejoice" inter-religious service for recipients, donor families, living donors, professionals and friends which will be held on Saturday April 14, 2012 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at St. Patrick's Cathedral, 5th Avenue and 50th Street, Manhattan, New York City. It has been some years since I have been able to attend, but the service usually consists in songs, prayer, short talks by recipients and donor families, candle-lighting and usually the presentation of some token to each donor family or living donor. No registration or fee required.
        Fr. Pat

Offline Barbara S

• Top 50 poster!
Re: "Remember and Rejoice" Cathedral service
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »
Thanks so much for letting us know Fr. Pat - I have always wanted to go - I am going to really try to get there this year!!
Proud Kidney Donor to Brother
December 9, 2003
at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Offline llinton98

• Top 100 Poster!
Re: "Remember and Rejoice" Cathedral service
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
Thank you Father Pat. I attended last year with my mother and my sister (my recipient). It is an incredibly moving service that will hold extra special meaning for my family this year as my sister received a pancreas in May of 2011. Kudos to TRIO of New York for putting this event together. Let me know if you can make it Barbara S. Would love to meet you.

Best,
Laura

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional