| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Increasd Frequency of Urination (3 months post-op)  (Read 5882 times)

Offline Eldonna Edwards

• Top 100 Poster!
    • Eldonna Edwards, Author/Speaker
Increasd Frequency of Urination (3 months post-op)
« on: April 01, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »
Not sure if this is related to donation or not, or even whether it's a concern, but in the past few weeks I've noticed way more frequent urges to urinate with little output. I don't have a fever or pain during urination, just feel the urge. No change in color or odor. If I drink a lot of fluids I have more to eliminate but with normal fluid consumption I'm finding it odd that I have this urge with little output.

I'm wondering if, as organs have settled to take up the space where my left kidney used to be, they are now pressing against my bladder? Anyone else notice this post donation? I'm 52, btw, and I've had three children, so perhaps it has more to do with the loss of tone in the pelvic floor but thought I would ask in case it's indicative of something more serious.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Author of Lost in Transplantation: Memoir of an Unconventional Organ Donor

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Increasd Frequency of Urination (3 months post-op)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:17:19 PM »
Dear Pink,
     Hi. Sorry, no advice to offer. But you might want to look at this site: www.nafc.org  It deals with (among other things) urination problems, and offers some non-drug, non-surgery approaches to improvement by means of patricular exercises to strengthen/coordinate the muscles/nerves involved. It appears to be a trust-worthy professional site so perhaps you may find something helpful there.
  best wishes,
   Fr. Pat

Offline tom carr

• Top 200 Poster!
Re: Increasd Frequency of Urination (3 months post-op)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »
Hi Pink,

I'm Tom....I did a non-directed donation last October. I also had urination issues for up to two weeks afterward. They said it was due to the kidney readjusting and, in my case, the catheter. Give it a bit more time....it should all work out (pun intended).

Tom
Tom Carr
Non-directed donor
Oct. 2010

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved