| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Bereaved by living donation  (Read 5361 times)

Offline RJCF

• Conversationalist
Bereaved by living donation
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »
This is for those who are in the hopefully rare situation of having lost their partner, friend or family member as a result of living donor transplant.
I lost my husband after donating a kidney to him in 2010, and have felt extremely isolated ever since. So I have just founded this group so that those of us in this rare situation can provide mutual support and understanding to each other. I also hope to increase awareness of issues surrounding living donation so that what happened to us does not happen to others.
(This is not a group for general living donor issues, but is specifically for those bereaved by the process. It is also not intended as a general bereavement forum.)
Anyone who has been involved in a living donation transplant as either a recipient or a donor and lost the person as a consequence is most welcome to join.
The group fully supports the principles of organ donation, including living donation.
The group can be found at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bereavedbylivingdonation/
It is a Yahoo group, so it is necessary to sign up to Yahoo if you have not previously done so, but this should be straightforward.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved