| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 15 months since donation and I have high potassium levels  (Read 5274 times)

chickieboom

15 months since donation and I have high potassium levels
« on: April 10, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »
I thought I had anemia since the donation and have been fatigued and feeling nauseus all the time.  I finally found out that I have high potassium levels!  I am frightened.  I am in the process of talking with the doctors, but they are really not very helpful.  Has anyone had this problem before?  I will be going for more bloodwork in 2 days. They told me to eat foods in low potassium.  thank you!

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 15 months since donation and I have high potassium levels
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »
     I have not had that problem, but if you go to www.kidney.org and type "potassium" in the search box at the top and click it, you will find some information about what foods are high in potassium, what foods are low, etc.  This, of course, is not a substitute for working with your doctor but rather a good source of information that may be helpful.
    Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved