| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 4138 times)

DLK123

Thank you!
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »
I just wanted to say thank you, to everyone who posts on here.  I am hoping to donate a kidney to my sister's mother-in-law.  I had the crossmatch test the other day, and am waiting anxiously for the results.

I couldn't have made this decision without forums such as this.  Not only has it put my own fears at ease, but it has also given me a wonderful tool that I can base my questions off of when I meet with the nephrologist.

Thanks again!  You're all wonderful people!

-d

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 06:50:48 PM »
"D"

Welcome! I am glad you find the forums helpful. I agree with you, there are so many wonderful people that post here, and they provide a wealth of information. I donated to my husband a year and a half ago, and I am still learning things here. There is also a tremendous amount of support on this board.

Best of luck to you on your possible future donation. Please do keep us posted as to how the results of the crossmatch turn out and how things are progressing for you!

Linda

Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved