| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: My testing is officially starting!!!  (Read 10073 times)

Offline 140jmr

• Top 200 Poster!
My testing is officially starting!!!
« on: October 16, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
I'm so happy to report that my testing is officially starting.  John Hopkins just called me with our tissue typing results, and although they need to do further blood tests they are going to send all my stuff for urine test, ect.  More than likely we will be involved in the exchange program.  It's all starting to feel so real now and it is exciting and scary all at the same time.  I'm more afraid of not passing the testing than anything else.   I've been reading a ton of information on this site and it has been so helpful.  I was able to follow with everything the coordinator was going over and didn't feel so overwhelmed.  Thank you livingdonorsonline!!!!!
Jackie

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: My testing is officially starting!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:44:57 PM »
Jackie,

I donated at Hopkins 5 years ago and live in Baltimore. If you have any questions let me know. Feel free to email me also if you want.

Who are you donated to/for? Who is your coordinator?

Take care,

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
Dear 140jmr ,

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.  Keep us updated on your progress.
I had the same concern, but reminded myself that the outcome was not in my control.
Your desire to donate is a gift in itself.
Love, elephant

Offline 140jmr

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »
Thank you both.  I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions as I go through this process.  My coordinator at John Hopkins is Pam Walker.  My sister had her second kidney transplant 7 years ago at New York Columbia which she got from our mom using plasampherisis.  She went through a rejection in January and that is why we are preparing now for another transplant.  She has had a stent in place ever since the transplant and she has it changed every 3 months.  She's starting to get alot of infection from it.  She's at 23% kidney function currently.  We do have different blood types and more than likely will be involved in the paired exchange program.
Jackie

Offline mintx

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »
Good Luck with the testing.  Maybe you will give to my mom.  It looks like we will be doing a paired exchange and our hospital, Henery Ford in Detroit has an exchange agreement with Hopkins.  We should get official approval this week.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 03:25:15 AM »
Dear "140jmr",
        As you mentioned having different blood types, I'm curious as to what types you and your sister are?
   Fr. Pat

Offline 140jmr

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 11:03:41 PM »
My sister is A+ and I'm B+
Jackie

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved