| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: I'm back...wheeeewwww...  (Read 5416 times)

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
I'm back...wheeeewwww...
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:40:39 PM »
Having to re-register....etc, etc....

How is everyone?
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
Re: I'm back...wheeeewwww...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:28:40 AM »
 :) Hi Phil!
Good to "see" you!
I'm good, what's new?
Karol
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
*waving* Hi Phil!
Last night the kidney chain and I went to the National Kidney Foundation for the Great Chefs of Minnesota Fund Raiser.  I spoke at it! I was scared out of my mind. 500ish people were there. They broke their record and made over $100,000!  They had the 5 recipients out in the audience, and I spoke, then they spoke and came up, then I got to honor the 4 other donors in the chain, and they came up. The audience was on their feet. It was AWESOMELY FUN..afterward. I wish I could have felt calmer beforehand.  :)

I met some of the coolest people yesterday- other donors and transplant recipients who simply would NOT have been there had they not received a kidney. It was very inspiring indeed.  As you know from being a donor--I know not ALL donors recover well, but I think you have-----I don't FEEL like I have done anything because my body feels so completely normal. Again, it was *I* who received the gifts last night, of meeting these people with heart warming/wrenching stories. I feel blessed over the moon.

There was a time when some of us ladies were in the ladies room and suddenly the shirts were up and the scars were being compared.  :)  Not many places *that* happens. 
So fun.
Hope you've been well!

Nicki
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
what's so funny
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 03:43:25 AM »
is that when I returned to Chicago, SO MANY OF MY FRIENDS wanted to see my "incisions"....and only one did...because HE is a doctor, and a close personal friend of mine.
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Welcome back Phil!

It is nice to see you back! I remember your posts from the old board. If I recall correctly, your kidney donation to your college professor was very close to exactly a year prior to my donation to my husband. (I donated October 8, 2009)

I hope all is well with you!

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
well...
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 06:21:42 AM »
Linda,

I donated on October 28, 2009...so less than a month after your donation.

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »
Wow Phil! Our donation dates are REALLY close together. It is amazing to me that 18 months has gone by already. I am hoping all is well with you! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional