| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Kidney Recipient Has Kidney Blockage After 8 Months  (Read 4662 times)

sperouty

Kidney Recipient Has Kidney Blockage After 8 Months
« on: April 23, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »
Hello Everyone!  This is the first time I've been on the new forum.  It has been eight months since I donated my left kidney to my uncle.  He goes for blood work every Tuesday and everything has been great for both of us.  This past Tuesday his doctor called and said his creatinine level was 5 and he should go to the ER right away.  They found out he has something blocking his kidney so it is not draining out all the way.  They put a drain in and he sees his urologist on Monday to see what the blockage is and what they can do about it.  I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation or knows anything about kidney blockages. Thank you!

Samantha Perouty

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Kidney Recipient Has Kidney Blockage After 8 Months
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
Hi Samantha,

Sorry your uncle is having some "bumps in the road" but I hope the doctors are able to manage it and save the function of the kidney. Recipients do get a stent in the new kidney in order to help drain and then it is removed about 3 weeks post the surgery,  so a stent is used often for blockages. Kidney disease is tough and transplants are not always a cure but the medications and treatments are very promising.

Wishing you and your family all the best and hope this is just a small detour. I know how happy you were to have been able to do this for your uncle. I'm sure he is very grateful to you for giving him a second chance.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

sperouty

Re: Kidney Recipient Has Kidney Blockage After 8 Months
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »
Thanks Sherri.  I'll update this post when I hear what the urologist says Monday.  Yes, he is very grateful for what I did, but for him it was a third chance, because this is his second successful kidney transplant.  He is very blessed.  I hope you and your brother are doing well.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional