| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: liver transplant between two continents  (Read 9212 times)

A+liver.donor.

liver transplant between two continents
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:47:35 AM »
hello, i am european, my possible recipient is from us. Now i am sending my hla report and hope i may help, he seems to be very nice man.
In case of possible match i am interested where will be my operation done? We have excellent hospital with world known doctors and i am used to my country, my language. Is here some way how to do my and his operation on different continents? Is is possible to be operated here and to deliver part of my liver to usa immediately after the act? I am afraid to be in foreign country and absolutely alone, not to understand doctors, sisters although i have state exams form english, but i dont know medical terms etc. is here some way for me/us? Thanks

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
Re: liver transplant between two continents
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:18:06 AM »
In case of possible match i am interested where will be my operation done? ....Is here some way how to do my and his operation on different continents? Is is possible to be operated here and to deliver part of my liver to usa immediately after the act?
The operations on the donor and recipient need to be done in the same hospital, so either you need to travel to the USA or your intended recipient needs to travel to where you are. It is not possible to have the operations done at different times on different continents.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline donor99

• Top 50 poster!
Re: liver transplant between two continents
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 07:53:57 AM »
If the recipient has the surgery in Europe in a non medicare approved hospital, insurance wont pay for the surgery or the immunosuppression.

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved