| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 2 Year Follow Up  (Read 4355 times)

sarahbean

2 Year Follow Up
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
Hello!
I am coming up on my two year follow up appointment. I donated my left kidney to my brother in July 2009.
Can anyone let me know what is involved in the two year follow up? I am having a very difficult time getting in touch with anyone at the transplant center.

Thanks!
Sarah

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 2 Year Follow Up
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »
I think you will find from responses that each donor and center has a different protocol depending on their individual situation and need. However,a couple common threads for everyone are a urine test to screen for protein in the urine and a renal panel blood workup.
Best of luck and hope you are feeling well!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 2 Year Follow Up
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:08:24 AM »
The transplant center is obligated to follow you at 6 months, 1 year and 2 years after surgery so that this information can be transferred to OPTN/UNOS. I hope one day that a donor registry can be documented. If you are having trouble contacting your center, call an administrator or patient liason, the social worker or living donor advocate. If not, call UNOS or OPTN, (there is a number or hotline for donors to call for complaints) or the National Kidney Foundation. The NKF has a new group formed called Living Donor Executive Committee and they may be able to help you. Donors really need to push for their follow up as it is so important that our data be collected so that the statistics can be updated and studied.
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional