| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 2 Year Update  (Read 4829 times)

dublin16

2 Year Update
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
Hello all! Its been a long time since I have posted but I have been lurking pretty regularly to keep up with everyone! I just got my 2 year labs back and I think my numbers are ok. My creatinine came back as 1.2 but gfr was normal and there was no protein in my urine. They attached a letter that said that eventhough the lab showed an elevated creatnine (and it said in BIG bold letters next to the result, "Result is Above Normal Range"), that this is within normal range for kidney donors but it seems as though I see a lot of people who have donated and are at 1.0 and below. Is this just my "new normal"? Other than that all is well, energy has kept up and I have had no issues related to donation!

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 2 Year Update
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »
Hi Dublin!

Please let me start out by saying that I am not a medical professional. I can tell you that since I donated in October 2009, my new normal creatinine level seems to be 1.1. I did get one lab that came back at 1.2 about 5 months after I donated, but I was also a bit dehydrated. (I had some other labs done at the same time, so hadn't had anything to eat or drink since the night before.) I was told they were not at all concerned with the 1.2 result. Other than that one time, 1.1 has been normal for me (and no protein for me either). I believe it is important that the levels stay consistent, if they were to begin to elevate, that would then be a concern. Also, if you were at all dehydrated, that can cause creatinine to go up as well.
In my opinion, if your doctor is not concerned, you have no protein in your urine, you feel good, and your levels stay 1.2 or better, I think it sounds like you are doing very well! Congratulations!!

Linda
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:50:57 PM by Aries7 »
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 08:08:03 AM »
Wonderful to hear all is well with you. The time really does go by quickly.

All the best,

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

dublin16

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »
Thanks, time does go by quickly! Glad to still see everyone on here!

Kristen

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved