| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Some happy news!  (Read 5703 times)

Offline llinton98

• Top 100 Poster!
Some happy news!
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »
Hi All,

My sister Tina (a Type I diabetic for nearly thirty years) had a pancreas transplant on Monday morning! She got a call late Sunday night that a pancreas had become available and off we went. I am happy to report that Tina and pancreas are doing well. Tina is sitting up in bed and will move from the ICU to a private room this afternoon. Today is Tina's birthday.

As a family we are happy, relieved and so very grateful. Please say a prayer for the family who so generously donated their daughter's organs in what was undoubtedly their darkest hour. We will never forget their gift and we know how very lucky we are.

God bless organ donors.

Laura
(donated my left kidney to my sister Tina on 1/15/10)

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Some happy news!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
Wonderful news! Hope her recovery is a speedy one and she is home soon!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »
That is fantastic news Laura! Thank you so much for updating us. I am wishing your sister a very quick recovery. I agree with you, God Bless organ donors.

I am wishing you and your sister all the best! :)
Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »
Oh, Laura, I am so happy for you and your family! May this precious gift be the beginning of a new life for Tina and a comfort to your donor family.

All the best,

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
Yes...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »
A very UNSELFISH family made a great decision. God bless EVERYONE involved.
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline llinton98

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
Thank you to everyone for their good wishes.

Tina was moved to a regular room yesterday and miraculously will be discharged tomorrow. Tina is sharing a room with  a school teacher who had her second kidney transplant over the weekend. The school teacher's first donor was a friend of her's. Sadly the kidney lasted only one year. Her new kidney resulted from a deceased donation. The donor was a little boy.

Again, the generosity of people who have lost loved ones, especially a child, really stops me in my tracks. God bless donor families; their strength, their loving gifts....That is who is on mind right now. Our family recently attended our second Remember and Rejoice ceremony, in honor of donor families, at St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC (thank you to Fr. Pat for always posting the date of this very special event) and we will be there every year. Next year it will hold extra special meaning for us.

Best,
Laura

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional