| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Tomorrow, May 10th  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Prelude_Sarah

• Top 50 poster!
Tomorrow, May 10th
« on: May 09, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »
Hello everyone :)
I just wanted to make one last update before the big surgery.  Although my sister and I were bumped twice, something in my gut tells me it's really going to happen tomorrow.

I'm feeling more and more peaceful, and trying to bring myself to look forward to all of the wonderful things that can and will come from this.  First and foremost, my most beautiful, lovely, talented younger sister will have a new chance to live a great live.  I am so thankful and blessed that I have the opportunity to provide her with that.  I can remember thinking when I was much younger, that I wish I could take away her sickness.  I remember thinking "Why does she have to be so sick?  Why is it that she has so many illnesses, and my brother and I are perfectly healthy?"  I used to get upset with God about this.  I used to say that if there was every anyway I could take away even an ounce of her pain, I would do it in a heart beat. 

As many of you know, I struggled with the decision to donate my kidney for quite some time.  And then I've had to deal with some guilt over that fact, as well.  But, I no longer get down on myself for taking the time that I needed to make this life changing decision.  That's just how I operate - I think things through, thoroughly.  I am so grateful that somehow I found the strength to see myself to this decision.  Thank you for that Spirit.  I no longer harbor any resentment for the way of things, I see that there is a much bigger picture.

Now, my wishes will be answered.  Since I was 10, I have wanted to help Kaylah.  Tomorrow, I will finally get my chance :)
You all have become a primary source of comfort, information, compassion and support.  I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart for seeing me through these past few months.
I will go into this surgery with hope, trust and peace.
I'll let all of you know how it goes as soon as possible!!

Also, I had a thought.  I feel like I really know some of you well here, so I thought I'd share something.  As you may remember, I'm a music major in college.  I want to share some of my music with you beautiful people. 
Follow this link to listen, you may have to create some kind of account, but it's free :)

http://soundcloud.com/preludesarah

All my love :) <3
Donated left kidney to younger sister on May 10th, 2011

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Tomorrow, May 10th
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:16:03 PM »
Beautiful, Sarah!
Thinking about you and sending you peace and well wishes to get through the rest of today and tomorrow, and healing afterward!!!! Update us on the both of you as soon as you can!!!!!!!!  It gives me tears thinking about the first time you see your sister afterward!

XO
Nicki
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »
Sarah - Your music is beautiful, so full of heart and feeling - you are very talented.  Thank you for sharing both your music and what you have gone through to make the decision to be a kidney donor to your sister.  I am in the final stages (CT and meet with nephrologist Thursday!) and have been feeling so many of the things you have talked about.  It is nice not to be alone - this forum has really been a place of comfort.

Wishing you and your sister all the best tomorrow!  Can't wait to hear the amazing success story.
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »
Hi Sarah!

I am so happy that you have found such peace about your donation tomorrow. I think is is so wonderful you are able and willing to help Kaylah. Please know I am thinking of you both and will keep you both in my prayers. Please let us know how you and Kaylah are doing as soon as you are able. You will be done with surgery and on the road to recovery before you know it!

Also, thank you so much for sharing your music with us! You have a BEAUTIFUL voice and such an abundance of talent! I think you will be famous with a voice like that! (Maybe this is the plan - you will have a bigger platform in which to teach others about living donation - ya never know! ;)

Many Hugs to you and the best of luck to you and Kaylah! Talk to you soon! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
How beautiful! Wishing you and your sister a safe and successful journey. May your recovery be a quick one and hope you are home soon!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
Praying like the house is on fire
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »
for you both tomorrow.
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 01:06:47 PM »
Sarah, thinking of you and Kaylah today!  What you said about always wanting to help her and now finally getting your chance, really touched me.  Can't wait to hear how you both are.

I LOVE your music!  my favorite is I'd Call You Out!

Just Me

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »
Sarah, I'm hoping by now that all has gone as planned.  You may be sore, nauseous,  or feel bloated but look beyond that to the glow that surrounds you.  It's the support and strength we're sending you as well as the gifting that you have done for your sister.  Wrap yourself up with it, soak it in....it doesn't get any better than this.  Live it now because you can never give like this again.  Bless you.  And thank you for sharing your music, a talent with which you are blessed...as are we for being able to soak in it ourselves.  Live.  This.  Now. 

*hugs*  (but not too hard)

~Judy (altruistic donor June 15, 2010)

Offline kali

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Thinking of you today.  Beautiful music!
Peace
Kali

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
Now
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 05:36:21 AM »
follow all the post-operative instructions:

YES, all of them...

Get up and walk as much as you possibly can....drink plenty of water, and don't lift anything heavier than a pencil.

Praying for you.
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Mmeaimee

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »
I'm so glad you were able to make peace with your decision.  Your posts have given me a little hope that I can work through this.  I hope you are your sister are healing well!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional