| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network  (Read 13719 times)

Turtle

OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »
Got this crazy letter in the mail on Friday from the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)!
My boss hands me this envelope that say's it is from the "criminal division"...hands it to me with this look like "OK what the hell have you done now!" :o
I open it looked strangely at the "Dear Donor" opening....
I had signed up about 20 years ago to be a bone marrow donor, in response to a co-workers drive to find a marrow donor for his daughter.
Forgot all about it.
Seems I amj a match for someone in the world, and now have to again go through another complete physical.... ::)
God works in mysterious ways.... 8)

love the emotcams!

For those who have signed up for the marrow network...make sure you keep them up to date on your current address and info!
Saves the cops from knocking on your door.... ;D

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
Re: OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:18:24 AM »
Turtle,

I am glad you are still willing, after all the c**p you went through.  Please keep us informed about this (maybe) new journey.

Bill

PS.  Carolyn & I live just 20 miles south of the Canadian-US border, about 40 S of Vancouver, BC.  We listen to & watch CBC Radio & TV.  You will be happy to know that your RCMP summons did not make the news out western Canada!   ;)
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
Re: OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
Wow that is amazing! Good luck - I hope if it's meant to be - you'll be the match!  :)
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved