| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Gift of love: the ultimate Father’s Day gift.  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Gift of love: the ultimate Father’s Day gift.
« on: June 14, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/kingwood/news/article_f82a4ad1-2d70-5811-92ee-106cf0ee2d45.html

Gift of love
By JENNIFER SUMMER
Tears come to Kingwood resident George Pekari’s eyes every time he thinks about his son’s sacrifice, the ultimate Father’s Day gift.
George’s kidneys were failing and his son, John Pekari, also a resident of Kingwood, was a perfect match and stepped up to donate his kidney to his father.
“I do not see why someone would not donate an organ for someone they love. Donating my kidney for my father is like a Father’s Day gift for my kids because his quality of life will improve and he will get the chance to spend more time with them,” John said.
“He will get to spend more of his life with his grandkids - that is more of a Father’s Day gift to them.”

Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved