| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Sept 19th...  (Read 9281 times)

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Sept 19th...
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 07:19:17 AM »
Congratulations to you both! Take good care of yourself and give yourself time to heal.
   Fr. Pat

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 10:41:53 AM »
Bravo, John! Best wishes for rapid recoveries for you both. Bet being at home again is wonderful, despite the aggravations you're still going through. This is the tough time, a few days after surgery, when you want to ditch the narcotics and just be done with it all. Sorry, pain gets in the way of healing, so tail off the dope gradually, sleep as much as you can, and walk, walk, walk. Take care.-John
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Nancy

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »
So happy for you and your 'new brother' !  May you both heal quickly.  Stay connected and let us hear from you.

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 07:59:40 AM »
Dear John,

HOORAY!  I'm thrilled to hear you are both doing well, it is amazing how much better the recipients can feel in a hurry. 
Keep us updated on your progress.

Love, elephant

Offline John E

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »
Well, I know I said I would "post more tomorrow" but well time flies... things are still going very well for us both... I have been back at work for a week and a half, hate the feeling of being useless ( I have a very physically demanding job) but although I am light duty the people at work won't allow me to do anything... OK I know it is the right thing, but really can not wait until the 29th, and can get back to being normal...

still worth the discomfort and pain...

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »
John,

Welcome to the One Kidney Club, and congratulations to all involved! Keep us informed on your recovery.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional