| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: YAY!  (Read 5328 times)

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
YAY!
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Yay!
I'm excited!  I kinda expected to be Nicholle Who? already...and I was ready for that, and am ready for that.  But I might have misjudged the time it would take for that to happen since it was the midwest's first paired exchange. I have been invited to participate in a webinar that the university is putting together for their dialysis patients regarding all of their different options!  YIPPPEEE!!!  And the rest of the kidney chain and I are invited to participate in the NKF's fundraiser in April, locally!  We are the "surprise" that they will *unveil*.  Isn't that fun? I love that I still get a chance to spread the word and remind others of what is possible. Of course, I can do that anyway, and I do, but these events will make sure that the message goes directly to people to understand the difficulties of kidney disease.  YAY!
Just wanted to share with others who also understand. :)  My mom is excited, but I'm not sure anyone else knows how fun it really is.

My recipient and I chat frequently via email, and we hang out with the kidney chain monthly. What a cool experience!

Have a great weekend, and thank you SO MUCH for the new board. You guys rock my socks!
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: YAY!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
Congrats Nicki! That really is super cool!! :)

Linda
Donate left kidney to my Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional