| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 0/6 tissue match  (Read 3518 times)

Offline JAS

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
0/6 tissue match
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:27 AM »
I have finished all my testing, and everything looked great. Luckily, we had a negative crossmatch, but a 0/6 tissue match. I'm being told that the tissue match is secondary to everything else because I'm a living donor and the rejection drugs are so much better these days. Anyone else donate with a 0/6 tissue match?

JAS

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 0/6 tissue match
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
My husband and I were an 0/6 match.  Similar to you, they told us the match, in current times, is almost immaterial as the anti rejection drugs nowadays are so sophisticated that it does not matter in the way it used to. Even with the 0/6 match, he is, surprisingly, on less medication than most transplant patients.
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »
Eleven years and counting, never a bobble, 0/6.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline CK

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 09:19:56 AM »
We were 1/6 and different blood types entirely (I am A2, he is O).  The tissue match is really not the important thing anymore, at least that's what I was told.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional