| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: New to the board!  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Dvleucsd

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
New to the board!
« on: September 20, 2014, 06:42:52 PM »
Hi All,

I just underwent a left donor larposcopic nephrectomy this past Monday and wanted to join this online community for some insight to the recovery process. I am a 28 yr. old heathy male and the recovery has been decent with minimal pain. My questions are 1: how long do people have nausea for? I have had this low level nausea since the beginning but have not yet vomited. 2: I'm feeling cold all the time!! Any ideas? No fever

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: New to the board!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »
Best wishes! Hope you feel warmer and less nauseous soon. If you're concerned, call your transplant center and/or your primary care physician. Even if you're just checking in, mention these symptoms. Hope you and your recipient have great recoveries and we hear from both of you about your experiences!
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline CK

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »
I didn't have either of those symptoms, but a lot of people do get nausea from anesthesia.  I was given Scopolamine, which helped the nausea, but gave me terrible dizziness when I took off the patch.

Call your transplant people if you are concerned...

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 07:00:24 PM »
I did not suffer from nausea, but only loss of appetite. I believe that some donors have had side-effects from the post-op pain medications they came home with. Usually it seems that the sooner the donor can stop taking pain meds the sooner the digestive system gets back closer to normal. Please let us know how things go.
     Fr. Pat

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
Welcome!

I was nauseated from the anesthesia for about two days.  I had no interest in food for about two weeks.  Some people, me included, do get quite nauseated from pain medications and actually feel better without them.

Love, elephant

Offline TaroTaoYin

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 04:09:12 AM »
Excellent. I like you comment. It good to do that.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional