| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: well done guys!  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Rona LD

• Conversationalist
well done guys!
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »
There are not many personal sites available regarding living donation.

And if one does find one its only relevant to our larger 1st world countries.

I have taken a look around and this site is informative, personal and has a genuine friendly ambiance.

Well done guys!

My hubbie has just received a corneal transplant a short time ago and I have been searching the net on organ donation on a larger scale ie, life saving transplants and others, as in uterus and so forth and I have tried endlessly looking around for some site dedicated to my home country that is on your level.

Eish, no luck.

It also seems like, living organ donor topics is like walking on egg shells. A great pity and an objective point of view is seldom due to personal tags.
Could this be one of the reasons?

One thing that is a tad disappointing tho, the response I have gotten locally, regarding corneal transplants is that its taken as, 'its not that of a big deal' type of attitude.
Sad. For going thru life in total darkness is a living nightmare, especially in regard to ones self worth in the employment side of things, which flows over to ones social/family/love circles. And the scales escalates if the candidate is still very young.
So my personal opinion, its also a "life saving" transplant.

One thing I must say, reading the plea's from loved ones and people in need has seriously tugged at the heart strings! We have also waited for years and know what it feels like. The worst is seeing the, when last logged on date, and the mere thought of that person passing and being another soul added on the statistics scale is heart breaking.

This is why I logged on, to congratulate the site. Keep up the good work. 
You are making a difference.
You are giving people hope and without hope/dreams/positivity, one is nothing.

Thanks for the time.
Have a supa dupa day.

Will pop in every now and again.

A registered donor for yonks.
All the way from South Africa.

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: well done guys!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:08:30 AM »
Thanks, Rona! Best wishes!
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional