| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Amanda

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Sad News
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:26:02 PM »
Hi all,

I haven't posted on the forum for a long time, so long I couldn't remember my username.  In November of 2006 I donated a kidney to my father.  I'm sad to say he passed away on March 13th due to an infection he contracted.  The nurses said he had too many things working against him: his compromised vascular system from his bypass, his compromised immune system from his transplant, his diabetes - all these things resulted in his body not being strong enough to battle the infection and his organs shut down.  I am proud to have given him 9 years of life that he would not have had without my kidney.  I would like to thank LDO for everything you do, all the support you provide here is priceless.

All the best to you here.  Take care.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:13:00 AM »
Dear Amanda,
     I am sorry for your loss. You did a great thing for him. Those years of life were important for him, and I imaging that just knowing that someone cared enough about him to do such a thing must have made him feel very blessed as well. May he rest in peace and joy.
   Fr. Pat

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »
Dear Amanda,

I am sorry to hear you lost your beloved father.  I am glad you had those nine years together.
Your story sounds much like mine with my Dad. 

Love, elephant

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »
Amanda,

So sorry for your loss. Your Dad was very lucky to have had the opportunity for the extra years with you. May the good memories you have of your Dad bring you comfort.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »
Amanda,
I'm sorry this is late, but I wanted to send you my love and condolences as well. It is impossibly hard to watch our parents health decline and have them pass. Thank you for your precious gift to him...That was 3,285 days of him knowing how big your love for him is. Thank you so much for that. <3 I'm so sorry for your loss.  Nicki
Be the change!
Nicki

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved