| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Solunitari

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Questions
« on: May 19, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
I donated a kidney to a man in February 2013 and I am glad to say that both of us have been doing great. There were no signs of rejection and his new kidney is working VERY well. Lately though I have been having some pain in my mid back beneath my ribs. Not terrible pain but more like an annoying pinching. I have had three check ups since the surgery and all blood work has come back completely normal and I haven't been back to a nephrologist in a few months. I was wondering if this is normal and if any other donors have dealt with this? Thank you

Offline PA-C

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:23:36 AM »
Welcome!

If you were my patient, I'd be more interested in hearing about whether you've had a cough/cold, fever, new activities, tried anything like heat or ice for it, etc. I doubt blood work would be of much value. But a visit with your PCP probably would be!
Family medicine physician assistant.
Donated 4/28/15 to help my friend's sister.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 07:57:49 PM »
You might want to post your question also at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line, as these days there are more donors who regularly check there rather than at this website.
   Fr. Pat

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 08:19:38 AM »
I wonder if it is a surgical adhesion? I haven't had back pain, although every now and then I think I feel my remaining kidney and I assume I need to drink more water. I have battled abdominal discomfort when I try to exercise my abs. And I think that must be an adhesion. Not sure what to do about it-I don't want another surgery, so I just try not to use my abs....not an ideal solution.

It might be a good idea to ask your personal dr or the transplant center.
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional