| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Have you volunteered to donate a kidney?  (Read 12134 times)

Offline abigailmarsh

• My first post!
Have you volunteered to donate a kidney?
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
My name is Abigail Marsh, and I am a professor at Georgetown University.  I wanted to share information about a research study I am conducting in which non-directed donors are eligible to participate.  The study involves an online screening followed by a visit to Georgetown for eligible participants (we cover travel costs):

Sincerely,
Abby Marsh

You may be eligible to participate in mental health research if you: are 18 - 55 years old, have volunteered to donate a kidney to someone you do not know (someone who is not a friend or relative), and are medically healthy.

Georgetown University researchers in the Laboratory on Social and Affective Neuroscience are seeking adults who have volunteered to donate a kidney or bone marrow to participate in a research study.  Participation may include behavioral observation, brain imaging using MRI scans, and psychological interviews.

Qualified participants may be paid $20 for an initial screening and $150 for laboratory testing that includes computer tasks and a brain scan.

For information, please email: livingdonorstudy@georgetown.edu or call: (202) 687-6853

Offline cynthiahigdon

• My first post!
Re: Have you volunteered to donate a kidney?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:04:38 PM »
im trying to find out how to register to donate im b+ and 31 no health problems please email me at cynthiahigdon@rocketmail.com

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Have you volunteered to donate a kidney?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »
Dear Cynthia,
     Tis does not have to do directly with the Georgetown study, but if you wish to register your willingness to be a non-directed donor you can look into doing so at www.kidneyregistry.org
      best wishes,
          Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional