| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: COMPLICATION 6 MONTHS POST SURGUREY  (Read 1431 times)

Offline crenzulla

• My first post!
  • Reactions: +0/-0
  • I'm new!
COMPLICATION 6 MONTHS POST SURGUREY
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »
i had my kidney donation 6 months ago. all blood work was awesome. then i started to get a bulge in the stomach and got worst to even eat. they said it was a unsnarl ventura hernia.. went to the ER the doctors told me it was that. and nothing was life threading. i went to the surgeon and he said it wasn't. it was a eventration of the abdominal walls that was big in size. i dint understand how his happened since i ride a bike 100 miles and never had a surgery  . now i am wearing a abdominal binder feels good. i am eating less.. they said in order to correct this they would have to open me up and its major surgery with a mesh and going home with drains and its a long recovery with a high risk of future problems.  bottom line they said my walls weakened, i am optimistic with the binder and loosing weight and small meals might help this go down.. has anyone ever experienced this . i want a second opinion. did they do anything to cause this .just shocked with a  surgery.  so needless to say i am trying this binder belt and hoping it goes down..
looking forward to all responses.. i had it at Penn

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Reactions: +32/-0
Re: COMPLICATION 6 MONTHS POST SURGUREY
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »
     I am sorry for your problems. I did not have that problem myself. You might want to post this also at the FaceBook page of Living Donors On Line, because now many more donors read and post there rather than here.
     Please keep us informed about how things go.
    Fr. Pat

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Reactions: +6/-0
    • Living Donors Online
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:07:43 PM »
Ugh! We all wish the medical community would take more responsibility for living donors! Your situation is a prime example. Why can't the surgeon and transplant team step up and take ownership of your care??

Just infuriating.

As Fr. Pat suggests, try a post on our Facebook page to see if others respond. Message traffic has moved from here to Facebook--a sign of the times.

My sincere wishes that you regain your full health. Thank you for being a living donor! You are a special kind of person.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Reactions: +32/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 01:18:28 AM »
Dear "Crenzulla",
     I forget to mention that there is also a separate group on FaceBook called "Kidney Donors With Complications."
    Fr. Pat

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved