| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Researcher seeks living donors to share our experiences.  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Researcher seeks living donors to share our experiences.
« on: June 15, 2016, 07:04:01 AM »
Hello!

My name is Brooklynn Wynveen, and I am writing to invite you to participate in a research project that I am currently working on, through Sam Houston State University, in Huntsville, TX. This research is designed to improve collective understanding of the experiences of living kidney donors, in order to raise awareness among potential living donors. My hope is to conduct in-depth interviews with living donors of various backgrounds. I hope that you will consider participating in this effort. Below, please find links to the official information letter detailing the research and the interview guide that I will be using. Of course, if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks so much for your consideration, and I look forward to the possibility of working with you!

Informed Consent Letter:https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v05yridxpf1u7w/Living%20Kidney%20Donors%20Experiences-Consent%20Form.doc?dl=0

Interview Guide:https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9rqr66rin6eqxb/Living%20Kidney%20Donors%20Experiences-Interview%20Guide-February%202016.docx?dl=0

Brooklynn J. Wynveen, PhD, Sam Houston State University
bjw028@shsu.edu
979-220-9973
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:06:33 AM by Clark »
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Researcher seeks living donors to share our experiences.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:34:48 AM »
Okay, I'm doing this today.

elephant

Offline Spirited64

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:45:47 PM »
It sounds like this is for those who have already donated.  I have been accepted (nondirected/altruistic) and am waiting for logistics to be finalized (paired exchange/chain).  Let me know if soon to be donors fall under the guidelines of your research.

Offline KristaRM

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:10:15 PM »
I donated a month ago- I'll do this later for sure. :)

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional