| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: living liver donor- caregiver needed  (Read 3031 times)

Offline BryceGarey

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
living liver donor- caregiver needed
« on: September 23, 2016, 09:13:56 PM »
Hello All!

My name is Bryce.  I'm new here. I'm a potential living liver donor.  I live in Utah, but have to donate in Cleveland, Ohio.  The Cleveland Clinic wants me to bring a caregiver to the 3-4 day workup, and to have for a least 2 weeks outpatient stay, close to the clinic, after my discharge from the hospital.  I can't find any family or friends able to take time off work to do this with me.  So I am reaching out.  Does anyone know someone in Cleveland who would be able to drive me to outpatient appointments and stay with me during a couple weeks of recovery or more? 

I'm not really expecting it, but I just had to ask.  They've identified a recipient (I am a non-directed donor).  I will be paying for transportation, food, and housing costs.  I will bring my own vehicle for transportation that my caregiver could use.  I don't expect to need any physical help, unless I run into serious trouble.  I won't be able to discharge until I can walk around on my own and take basic care of myself.  They just don't want me alone while I recover.  They said after two weeks, if all goes well, I can go back to Utah, and my care will be easier at home.

Can anyone point me in a direction?  This is the only thing keeping me from donating right now.

Respectfully,

Bryce

disclaimer-  There is no financial incentive or reward for this.  But also, I will cover any costs incurred.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved