| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Leg Pain  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Jmoore

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Leg Pain
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:28:21 PM »
I just donated two weeks ago and am experiencing leg pain on the same side as the surgery. Of course there is back pain as well, but I am a bit concerned as that leg is a bit swollen. Any one else have this happen?  Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Leg Pain
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:48:04 AM »
I did not have that problem myself. Some donors have pains due to the position the body was put in on the operating table and staying there so long.
     You might want to also post your question at the FACEBOOK page of Living Donors on Line as there are more readers there.
                            Fr. Pat

Offline Jmoore

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
Thank you so much. I actually ended up in the emergency room and I have a large blood clot in the groin area. I will have to stay here until around 3/1 or so until they get the blood thinners dosage worked out, etc...

I did find the Facebook page and joined, but I feel that there is a lot of pettiness going on there rather than being a place of support. So I don't know that I feel comfortable there at all.

Thank you again so much for your reply and I hope that you are doing well.

Jane

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 01:16:38 AM »
Dear Jane,
     Glad you found the cause of your leg problem.
     I have found over the years that in general the postings on the FaceBook page are good and helpful, but sometimes (sadly) can get into a nasty back-and-forth. I would tend to suggest that you drop in there now and then and read over things, in case something comes up where you can help. For example, if someone else posts about having leg problems after donation and you responded sharing YOUR experience it could be a life-safer if that person does have a clot and does not take care of it. And sometimes people there just ask about experiences at a particular hospital or with a particular surgeon, and if it applies to you you could help with info.
   Fr. Pat

Offline Jmoore

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 06:18:48 PM »
I think that is what I will do. As much as this clot is causing pain and I may have surgery tomorrow to suction it out, I would still donate.

Thank you so much for the guidance, it is greatly appreciated!!

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »
Dear Jane,

I'm glad you are being treated for this problem.  Let us know what happens. 

love, elephant

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:18:36 AM »
Glad you got good care right away! Sorry you caught the Facebook conversation at less than its best. It helps we admins if folks let us know about problem posts, there and here. For some reason this is less of a problem on LinkedIn. Best wishes!
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved