| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Post opp numbness and lumps?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline scijohn23

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Post opp numbness and lumps?
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:44:05 PM »
Hi Everyone, 

I donated my left kidney on 3-28-17. I have had little pain and can do most things now. My question is there's still numbness and what seems like a large lump around the removal incision at waist line level. Is this normal? My transplant team said to expect swelling. I have a follow up appointment 4-10-17 just wondering if I should check in sooner.  Thanks for any replies

Offline Paparafa

• Top 100 Poster!
  • I'm new!
Re: Post opp numbness and lumps?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »
I also donated my left kidney...You seem to be doing much better than I did at this point in your journey.  Please take your time and do not overdo things...you DO NOT want a hernia...I remember a lump around the incision area and fearing I had developed a hernia but it slowly went away.  It has been four months and I still feel a little discomfort around the incision but I am able to ski and just yesterday went on a pretty challenging hike.  Best to you and good luck.

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Post opp numbness and lumps?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:32:48 PM »
I had numbness in the area for what seemed like forever - I know it was over six months. They said it was nerves that were cut and that the feeling would come back. Just seemed like it took a long, long time.
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved