| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Research Opportunity for Living Kidney Donors  (Read 3355 times)

Offline maria.vazquez

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Research Opportunity for Living Kidney Donors
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
Invitation to Participate in a Research Study

Are you a Kidney Donor?  Please share your story!

Purpose: The purpose of this research study is to obtain donor descriptions of their kidney donation experiences. The knowledge gained through this study will better the understanding of what it is like to go through a kidney donation.

Who can join? Adults (18 years or older) who have donated a kidney on or before January 1, 2017, speak English, live in the United States, and have received donation related healthcare at a transplant center in the United States.

What can you expect? You will be asked to provide some personal and donation related information and talk about your experiences as a kidney donor with a researcher during an informal interview. The information you share will remain confidential and your name will remain anonymous.

How long of a conversation and where will it take place? The interview will be about one hour. The meeting location will be up to you. It can take place in-person (face-to-face), via video conferencing (Skype, FaceTime or equivalent), or by telephone call. In-person (face to face) interviews will be limited to locations within 100 miles from Dartmouth, Massachusetts. 

Risks: This is a minimal risk study. This means that the risks are no greater than those of everyday life. Emotional stress may result from the positive or negative emotions recalled from past memories of donation experiences.

Benefits/Compensation: There are no tangible benefits to you for participating. You may feel good about contributing to science, helping shape the care provided to future kidney donors, and possibly gain insight into your own donation experiences. A $20.00 honorarium to Amazon.com will be given to enrolled participants who begin an interview.

For more information on the study or to enroll, please contact:

Maria Vazquez, RN, MSN, Doctoral Student
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, College of Nursing

Email: LivingKidneyDonorStudy2017@gmail.com   

Telephone: (774) 510-0614

I look forward to hearing from you!!!
[/font][/size][/b][/size]

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Research Opportunity for Living Kidney Donors
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 09:47:12 AM »
Ms. Vasquez, please be more specific: Is this a Mass study, a personal study, a study in aid of your dissertation or other requirements for your degree? Thank you.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Research Opportunity for Living Kidney Donors
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
Met Ms. Vazquez this morning and had a great conversation. If you haven't yet reached out to her, fear not, she's a good interviewer.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional