| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 4 weeks post op and I overdid it! Uh-oh  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Rena

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
4 weeks post op and I overdid it! Uh-oh
« on: September 10, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »
Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum. I donated a kidney one month ago today to a dear friend of my sister (she is my friend too). Then I was moved to a new home (!) I was pretty much free of the nagging pain I had been having until I spent yesterday unpacking, reaching, cleaning and (obviously) doing too much. I went to bed pressing a pillow against my abdomen and today I am in pain. I do not feel any feel or see any bulges in my navel or around it.

Have I blown it? Should I go to a doctor or wait it out? Has anyone experienced anything like this? I appreciate any replies!

Rena

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 4 weeks post op and I overdid it! Uh-oh
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:37:40 PM »
     I don't want to try to give exact advice since I'm not a medical professional. But I would tend to suspect that it might just be pain from doing too much too soon. But if it continues or gets worse I might be good to have a doctor check to make sure that an incision has not opened. You might also want to post this at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line as more donors check in there these days.
     Fr. Pat

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 4 weeks post op and I overdid it! Uh-oh
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 07:17:09 AM »
Thanks for your kindness in donating.   Well wishes for both of you. 

Since you used muscles that have had a long layoff and some major abuse, the soreness may just be muscle fatigue.  If you have no swelling or redness I'd give it a day or two of rest first.  If there are any changes for the worse I'd sure call the surgeon. 

When you feel better, you may want to begin with gentle stretching and work your way slowly into activities.  I was actually running before two weeks were out (I did ask the Doc)...and it made me sore but that didn't last long.  I was most cautious with core training, but after a while I forgot about the incision and went back to full on workouts.

Let us know how it goes.   elephant

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved