| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Fibromyalgia  (Read 3805 times)

Offline danalyn

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
Fibromyalgia
« on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »
Has anyone here who donated also have fibromyalgia? If so, how did donating affect the fibromyalgia?

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Fibromyalgia
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 07:39:22 PM »
I did not have that condition, but you might want to also post your question at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line, as these days more donors check in there rather than here.
   best wishes,
   Fr. Pat

Offline danalyn

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »
I am not on facebook and really don’t want to be. But thank you for replying!

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:35:49 AM »
would definitely discuss with your own physician who treats you for the fibromyalgia. In particular, talk to them about the types of medications you take now and long term. Kidney donors are warned about using NSAIDS (non steroidal anti inflammatories like ibuprofen, aleve, and the like) We are to use tylenol products only. Not sure what types of medications you take for fibromyalgia or what may be prescribed to you in the future. But a chronic pain condition may be something that may disqualify you. A second opinion from your own doctor/nephrologist would be a good idea.
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline danalyn

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »
Thanks Sherri!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved