| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Research Participants  (Read 3065 times)

Offline eknaub

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Research Participants
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:33:55 PM »
My name is Emily Knaub, and I am a senior at Butler University conducting research for my undergraduate thesis.  Having one kidney myself, I have always been interested in nephrology and transplants.  During my initial research on kidney transplants, I discovered a noticeable lack of research regarding the experiences of living kidney donors and was inspired to focus my thesis on these donors.  Accordingly, I am in need of survey participants for my research.  If you are interested in participating or would simply like to learn more about my research, please click the link below.  Thank you for your help!

https://butler.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4ZOLPqvliE1ROHr

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Research Participants
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 07:58:47 PM »
Dear Emily,
      You might want to also post your request at FaceBook, as these days more donors check in there. There is a "Living Donors on Line" page, and also a "Living Kidney Donors" page and even a few others, even a "Living Donors with Complications" page.
     Fr. Pat

Offline eknaub

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 09:22:19 PM »
I will do so.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »
Dear Emily,
     Hi again. I clicked the survey, but it said only U.S. residents. I am a U.S. citizen and donated a kidney while in the U.S., but have been living full[time in Japan for the past 13 years. Can I take the survey_
   Fr. Pat

Offline eknaub

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 12:28:23 AM »
Yes, you are absolutely able to take the survey!  I am limiting my research to people that donated a kidney at a hospital in the United States, and it seems you qualify.  I apologize for the confusing wording on the consent form, and I will be sure to amend it.

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional