Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Unrelated Major Surgery

(1/2) > >>

elephant:
So I developed ulcerative colitis not long after I donated in 2011.  I've finally reached the point where I'm scheduled to start surgical removal of my colon (step1 surgery)  this month and hopefully construction of a jpouch (step 2 surgery) at the end of November.

My surgeon does laparoscopic surgery and thinks he can reopen the same incision from the nephrectomy.  Has anyone re-used their incision?

Now I need to brush up on all the surgical preparation and recovery hints! How many internal organs can come out of one person? 

love, elephant

Orchidlady:
Knock on wood, no other surgeries, but wanted to wish you best of luck and quick recovery in your upcoming surgery. Hope it helps to give you some relief.

elephant:
Thanks @Orchidlady, I expect it will be a bit harder than the donation surgery, since I am going in sick instead of healthy. 

PastorJeff:
I am so sorry to hear that it has come to this.  You seem like one of the nicest people on here.  I know they've come a long way with what they can do.  I don't know a thing about you but I will pray for you. I've always liked elephants.  ;)

elephant:
Thanks PastorJeff,

Appreciate the prayers.  May I be granted the strength I need to deal with this illness patiently!

I will need to switch from peanuts to peanut butter...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version