| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Altruistic/Non-Directed Donors  (Read 3244 times)

Offline AshleyH2887

• Top 200 Poster!
  • Living Kidney Donor
Altruistic/Non-Directed Donors
« on: March 17, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I love this site and being apart of it, it is so great connecting with other donors and hearing their stories along with any problems any of us have encountered.

I donated in 2014, non-directed in Ohio. I am curious if anyone else on Living Donors is a non-directed donor? I am trying to connect with other non-directed donors but I am having a trouble finding many.
Would love to hear from some :)

Ashley

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Altruistic/Non-Directed Donors
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:07:46 AM »
I donated a kidney non-directed back in 2002. My story is in the "experiences" section of this site. There are other non-directed donors here, and many more who only check in at the FaceBook page of "Living Donors on Line" or the page of "Living Kidney Donor Support Group."
     Fr. Pat

Offline AshleyH2887

• Top 200 Poster!
  • Living Kidney Donor
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »
Thanks for the information Fr. Pat and thank you for being a donor :)

Offline AdrianFR

• Top 100 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 06:25:01 PM »
Hello Ashley,

I donated a kidney non-direct in October 2015. I was part of a paired exchange and our chain of donors and recipients was 10 people (5 donors/ 5 recipients).

I am blessed to say that both my non-direct recipient and I are doing very well.

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional