| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Sweet Sixteen!  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Sweet Sixteen!
« on: April 22, 2019, 09:31:13 AM »
My recipient just reminded me we’re coming up on Little Johnnie’s sweet sixteen. Hard to believe despite how full life has been since. Anybody else have that sense, that the days are more full, more vivid, n a clear before and after sense?
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Sweet Sixteen!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 02:29:50 PM »
Congratulations! May you successfully celebrate another sixteen (or twenty or thirty!) years!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline rends

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 08:14:24 AM »
Congratulations!!! This is great to hear because I'm about to donate on Monday... Thank you for sharing :)
-Robyn

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »
     I,m a little bit ahead of you at 17 years, but it definitely continues to have a very enriching effect in my life. I sometimes compare myself to a so-so baseball player who always looks back to the treasured memory of the one time I actually hit a grand-slam homer in the bottom of the ninth!

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional