| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: testicular swelling  (Read 4314 times)

Offline jamorris67

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
testicular swelling
« on: March 13, 2019, 10:36:34 PM »
I am mad as hell.  I donated a right side kidney in Oct of 2018.  2 weeks after surgery my testicle was 3 times bigger on the rt than on the left.  I learned that my right gonadal vein was cut on purpose and knowingly by the doctor.  I found that many others like me were never informed that this would happen.  Never at any point did anyone bring up the gonadal vein or any involvement with other organs.  I was told that the vein and artery and ureter would only be cut and the kidney removed.  I was then told to get off my high horse when i confronted my surgeon about it.  Was told that he performs the surgery this way.  Well, I made a decision to donate made on partial truths.  I have now read many cases where men just like me were not told and up to 10 years post op with painful swollen testicle and painful sex.  As I type this 6 months post op, I am in pain and with a hydrococele, and variococele of the testicle.  I was told that I would be fully recovered after 6 weeks yet i am 6 months post op and have now been told the only way to eliminate this pain and swelling it to have the testicle removed.  I am seeking lawsuit at this time but have been told by two lawyers that it would be hard to fight my case and most lawyers would most likely not take the case.  I am outraged and mad as hell,  I wish someone would take the SOB surgeon out and castrate him like he has me, then tell him to come off his high horse. 
jam

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: testicular swelling
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:25:43 PM »
     I did not have testicle pain after kidney donation surgery (nor was I warned about the possibility) but I now know that it is recognized in the medical literature as a known and documented risk. So every male potential donor should be warned about the possibility ahead of time. May I suggest that you also post at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line, as these days many more people check in there, and this problem has sometimes been discussed there.
       Fr. Pat

Offline bradmac

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »
I am mad as hell.  I donated a right side kidney in Oct of 2018.  2 weeks after surgery my testicle was 3 times bigger on the rt than on the left.  I learned that my right gonadal vein was cut on purpose and knowingly by the doctor.  I found that many others like me were never informed that this would happen.  Never at any point did anyone bring up the gonadal vein or any involvement with other organs.  I was told that the vein and artery and ureter would only be cut and the kidney removed.  I was then told to get off my high horse when i confronted my surgeon about it.  Was told that he performs the surgery this way.  Well, I made a decision to donate made on partial truths.  I have now read many cases where men just like me were not told and up to 10 years post op with painful swollen testicle and painful sex.  As I type this 6 months post op, I am in pain and with a hydrococele, and variococele of the testicle.  I was told that I would be fully recovered after 6 weeks yet i am 6 months post op and have now been told the only way to eliminate this pain and swelling it to have the testicle removed.  I am seeking lawsuit at this time but have been told by two lawyers that it would be hard to fight my case and most lawyers would most likely not take the case.  I am outraged and mad as hell,  I wish someone would take the SOB surgeon out and castrate him like he has me, then tell him to come off his high horse.
I had the testicular pain and swelling, too.  It was actually difficult to walk for a time.  I went back to see the surgeon, who seemed to doubt that the surgery was the cause, and had me tested for testicular cancer.  Obviously, it wasn't cancer, and it cleared up after a few months.

I'm sorry you're still dealing with that issue.  I know how uncomfortable it is.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 04:36:51 AM »
Dear "Bradmac": I would suggest that, even though time has passed, you write to that surgeon and suggest he check the published medical literature. Testicular swelling/pain is a recognized risk of kidney donation, hitting from 5 to 10% of male donors. He really ought to know that.

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved