| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Someone was inspired!!!  (Read 6021 times)

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
Someone was inspired!!!
« on: February 26, 2011, 09:54:26 AM »
Guess what! My recipient was at his appt yesterday (with Great Numbers! YIPPEEE!!!) and learned that someone who needs to stay anonymous right now has entered their program in Minot to be an anonymous donor with the paired exchange program! After the news coverage of the story, someone was inspired.  They are in testing right now, so hopefully will work out but HOW AMAZING IS THAT! YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!  I'm so happy. Magic!

Have a great weekend!
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Someone was inspired!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »
     That's good news. I feel pretty certain that if more people really knew the facts about the need for organ donation, and the possibility of becoming a living donor (including the risks involved) there would be a lot more volunteers.
   Fr. Pat

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »
I agree! As hard/embarrassing as the attention is sometimes, it's the hope that someone will see or hear about it, and realize that they can do it too that makes it worthwhile times a million!
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »
That is fantastic Nicki - and don't be embarrassed by the attention - you did a GREAT thing! I also agree with Fr Pat, I think if more people were aware of the need and were educated in living organ donation (including risks and benefits), that more people would step forward and volunteer. That is why I think this forum is so great. It is such a wonderful place for donors and potential donors to come to ask questions and learn. Education is key! :)
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved