| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Donating old cars to kidneycars.org  (Read 3823 times)

Offline tjhurley

• Top 100 Poster!
Donating old cars to kidneycars.org
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
Just a reminder, an easy way to clear your driveway or side yard of an old unused vehicle is to donate it to the National Kidney Foundation.  Could not be easier, way easier than donating a kidney ::)

To find them- enter www.kidneycars.org and it will take you right to that part of the NKF website. They explain the process quite clearly.

You can call or enter it online. Takes just a few minutes, they send you a confirmation email explaining who will pick up your vehicle and what needs to be filled out on the title. No cost to you whatsoever. They come and get it after calling you to make sure what time works for you.

We have donated a car that hadn't run for years and today, a van that was still running. If I had known about them years ago I wouldn't have had to endure an old Ford farm truck as driveway decor for so long. But, hey, here in rural Texas with daisies planted in the bed....... bloom where you are planted I've always believed  ;)

Of course its tax deductible if you itemize.

Thanks for reading and if someone has posted a reminder recently, my apologies, Janet

Wife of a donor,
Mom of 2 recipients
Donor
Best Transplant Center Ever - Methodist Dallas

PS - if you see this Father Pat - things are really looking up, many thanks, keeping the faith :)

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional