Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

July 15 - Surgery Date Set

(1/1)

Jewels:
What a strange feeling...as my transplant coordinator said to me, "good news, you are approved to donate to your sister" I felt both elated and a nervous pit in my stomach.  So relieved and happy to finally be out of the "maybe" mode - but at the same time so many emotions.  I am truly very happy we made it through testing and now have a date.  I have a lot to coordinate with friends and family as we are traveling to the transplant center..a summer vacation to remember!

Thanks again for all the posts on this board, especially those of you who are sharing your personal experiences of the actual donations.  It is such a comfort to feel prepared.

Stay tuned for more!

Julie

Scott337:
I'm so happy for you Jewels - embrace your life giving gift and your courageous spirit.

Scott

Aries7:
Congratulations Julie!!

That is such fantastic news!! That is such an accomplishment to make it through all of that testing and get that approval. I remember how happy I was when I made it that far. There are so many emotions when you get that actual date set. I remember being so happy and relieved to make it through the testing and get the date set. There was also the feeling of disbelief like "Wow - this is really going to happen!!" I am so very happy for you.

Feel free to post as much as you need to. I did not find this board until after I donated. I certainly wish I had found it before.I agree with you that the personal stories are so helpful to hear about. Any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to post away - we are all here for you!

Best of luck to you and keep in touch! :)

Linda

lawphi:
I feel the same way.  You would not be emotionally preparing yourself for donation if you did not have the knot in your stomach. 

I also recommend pre-donation massages.  It has helped me a lot. 

I am a part of a paired donation exchange.  It is so much easier knowing that my husband received a successful transplant. 

PhilHoover:
Start assembling your support system NOW...

Ask as many questions as you possibly can ask to your Living Donor Coordinator...

Start making arrangements for those people who will be helping with the regular stuff (grocery shopping, child care, etc).

and please keep us updated...we are all praying for you...

Phil Hoover
Chicago

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version