Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

We made it

(1/2) > >>

upnover:
Hi All,

Tuesday morning June 7 changed my life and that of my recipient. We both made it through surgey with flying colors. I felt wonderfull that night. The next day hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought I had been hit by a truck and survived, just barely. The recipient looks remarkable and feels great. I had a laproscopy procedure but it was still tough. I managed the pain with regular tylenol. I left the hospital early as they wanted to throw me on stretcher for the night to make extra room. Recovery in hospital is for the birds anyway. With all the beeping, talking, groans and coughs I said let me go. It's much better at home anyway. This is just a short note to all on the Forum who have offered support and kind words. It has been a real emotional time as well. I can only thank my Saviour for carrying me through this time.

PS: I'll post some pics when I can get them resized

Prelude_Sarah:
Congratulations!!!  I'm so happy to hear that you and your recipient pulled through so well!  I remember it like it was yesterday (it was only 4 weeks ago lol).  It is a good feeling to have it behind you, to know that it all worked out.  Relish in those feelings, you did a great thing.  Please keep us updated!!

Sarah

Orchidlady:
It's wonderful to be home, isn't it? Congratulations!

shelley:
Well done, upnover!!  Gosh, you're really amazing me with how fast you left the hospital and the fact that you just took Tylenol???  I don't know if I could be that brave, especially feeling like I was "hit by a truck and survived, just barely"!

fbalzofiore:
Yes, amazing, feeling that good so quickly. How wonderful a feeling to have given new life to someone !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version