Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

We made it

<< < (2/2)

llinton98:
Congratulations to you both. Get some good rest - you deserve it!

PhilHoover:
by your transplant hospital.

My experience was 180 degrees the opposite.  The hospital could NOT have been nicer, or more accomodating to me.  I will forever sing the praises of the University of Alabama-Birmingham Hospital....

Praying for your recovery.  You have been through major surgery, so please take it easy for a while.

Blessings.

Phil Hoover
Chicago

Scott337:
CONGRATULATIONS to you both.  You'll feel progressively better each day.  I too was able to leave early - I actually was standing within about an hour after returning to my room from recovery and I wanted to walk (I stood nearly a minute and nearly vomited and decided maybe it was the medication talking  ;D).   Anyway, I hope you're both doing well - what a fabulous love Christ shares with and through us all - you're truly blessed and SO is your recipient.   Let yourself process the emotions - we've all been there and I think it's natural to wonder how you can feel so many different emotions all at once.  Tell yourself YOU ARE SOMEONE's SPECIAL HERO.   Thank you Lord for being so AWESOME.   

Our love friend.  get some much deserved rest!  Keep us posted when you can. 

Scott 8)

Fr Pat:
     Since hospitals are full of sick people, they are also full of nasty germs, especially those which have built up resistance to all the antibiotics. Unless you NEED treatment or observation, going home fast reduces the danger of picking up a bad infection. Take good care of yourself! You've got a great excuse now  to eat all the ice cream, pizza or whatever you like "to build up your strength". Enjoy!
   Fr. Pat

PhilHoover:
Those stool softeners are your VERY BEST FRIEND...and I'd encourage you to use them as much as possible. No, they are not addictive or habit-forming...

No lifting over the 5-10 lbs restriction...and this is for your OWN good...there are plenty of people around who can assist you, and you just have to ask them...

Keep us informed...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version