Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

I am officially a donor!

(1/3) > >>

APV:
The kidney transplant to my husband took place 6 days ago at UC, San Francisco Medical Center and everything went very smoothly.  We both got to the leave the hospital after four days.  I ended up staying a little longer than expected because pain control became an issue.  The pain medication was making me very nauseous so they had to play around with the right pain medication and dose so I could be comfortable and not too nauseous.  Nothing too out of the ordinary.  I also think they were being nice to me and allowed me to stay a little longer so I could leave at the same time as my husband.  EVERYONE at UCSF was great. 

My husband is doing amazing!  He looks like a new man.  I am also doing really well now.  My pain is manageable and I feel like my energy is coming back.  I do take a lot of naps and let people take care of things for me.  We have such an amazing support system that I almost feel guilty for all the attention we get.   My husband and I only have to worry about resting and doing as much walking as we can manage.   

I will keep posting more information in the next few days.  We have lots of family around all the time, so I don't always get to my computer.

THANK YOU so much to all of you for your support and kind words leading up to the transplant day.  You helped me get through this experience without fear.

Much love,
Angelica

sherri:
Welcoem to the club! Must be nice to be so close to your recipient and see their day to day progress. Glad you and your husband are doing well. Let your family and friends "spoil" you. You deserve it.

Sherri

ohtobeahayes:
Hi Angelica!
Congratulations to both you and your husband!!! Your post gave me happy tears! I am so, so happy, and how amazing for you to see his transformation right before your eyes.
I'm sending you both speedy continued healing vibes, and lots of love. Your incredible bodies are doing so much right now. Completely awesome.
Nicki

Clark:
Congratulations!  Best wishes to you both.

Prelude_Sarah:
Angelica, congratulations to both you and your recipient!!!  Enjoy this time of rest, relaxation and relief.  Woohoo! :)

Sarah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version