Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Arthritis treatment after donation

<< < (2/2)

Oldnslow:
mmmmm fish-oil.  Must be good for you.  Can't imagine it tastes good!  Dietary supplement is worth a try.

I'll also give a call to the Dr.     Right now I think its only bothering my finger.  Although, I went down on one knee in a karate kata last week and my knee said stop..Figured it was because I've been taking it too easy lately. 

I appreciate the kidney friendly suggestions.  Best place to get them.

Cheers
Oldnslow

Oldnslow:
I'll have to take a longer look at the topical treatment.  I checked with my transplant team and they advised against using it as it would still be absorbed.  I would be interested if there are some studies on the absorption percentage that we could look at.

Thanks
Oldnslow

BillCtheYounger:
Hi Old'n'Slow,
Sorry to hear you've got arthritis. Are there excercises that help?
Good luck!  ;D
Bill

Oldnslow:
They said I should make sure I keep exercising the joint.  Kind of hard not too.   Its the joint of my right hand index finger.  So writing, typing, picking the banjo, guitar, and swinging a golf club all exercise it to some degree.  Flipping a Sai also does.  LOL - so I'll keep using it as long as I can.  I do find its harder to open things & my wife has started to do more of that for me (humility here).  For the most part I'm avoiding medicine but I'll give in.  I did pick up some Omega 3 fish oils per Orchid Lady's recommendation.

I laugh when I think of exercising it.  Remember the thing when you're a kid and you do the opposing exercise with index fingers pretending to do hup two three four.   Kind of like that.

So, its one of the crosses you carry when you're a donor.  Kind of takes some of the meds off the table.  Especially if it would really require prolonged use.

Thanks!

Oldnslow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version