Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

~Two week update, post donation

<< < (2/3) > >>

sherri:
Hi Sarah,

First off, don't panic. There may be a reasonable explanation. What kind of cuff are you using? Is it calibrated correctly? Are you still in pain or discomfort? Maybe that is making it go up. Try taking it after relaxing, do a few deep breaths. Some people do three readings and average it out. Keep a log and then show it to your doctor if it is still high.

Glad to see the infection is clearing up. Let us know what happens. donation surgery is definitely a bumpy ride. Good luck

Sherri

Aries7:
Hi Sarah!

I am so sorry to hear you ended up with an infection, but I am glad to hear it is getting better. As far as the blood pressure, I think Sherri gave you great advice. Try not to panic. I would follow Sherri's advice. If it continues to be high, you will want to give your doctor a call and let him/her know what your BP readings have been. Try to stay calm and relax. Your body is still adjusting to life with one kidney. Please do keep us posted as to how your BP is as well as how you are progressing in general. It is so good to hear from you! Hugs!

Linda

dlpisgiving:
Congrads on the whole process. You must be very proud!  I have my surgery 2 weeks from today and I have enjoyed reading your journey as an inspiration to me. :)

Scott337:
Sarah,

Sounds like overall, you've been doing well - the blood pressure variations could have a myriad of explanations.  Remain Calm!  Every time I went in for a clinic appointment, both pre and post operative, my blood pressure would go up significantly, even though I felt calm ;).
Finally, prior to my surgery, I had to carry a 24 hour heart monitor that checked my BP about every 20 minutes.  Turned out to be fine.  Point is, if it continues to be high, inform your physician - they can best advise you on lowering/treating it.

Have you ever tried Yoga?  Yes, I said yoga.  My daughters turned me onto it this last Christmas ( I donated last October), which proved not only to be timely, but very effective in helping me to relax.  I practice frequently and the calming effect, I believe has helped me keep my BP in acceptable ranges.  Just a suggestion.

I hope you continue to do well.

Scott

Prelude_Sarah:
Thanks for the advice everyone :) Scott, I actually have a good friend that just started teaching a yoga class!  I do believe I'll be joining her once I'm a little more healed up! 
I'm feeling such a great zest for life now, I've never been so grateful to be alive and surrounded by my loved ones.  It's really an incredible feeling.  My family keeps on telling me what a wonderful gift it was that I gave to my sister, but I'm really starting to see what a beautiful gift it was for me, as well.

Much love!

Sarah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version