Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Still Having Testicular Soreness/Pain After 4 Years Post-Op Kidney Donation

<< < (3/3)

MJG:
Thank you both for your replies and information. Sorry I didn’t come back until now. I was told by my urology surgeon there was no way to know if it was lymph fluid, but he said if it was, there was nothing that could be done about it. He said hydrocele repair isn’t always successful and that for second attempts of repairs, he uses a drain. I had the second hydrocelectomy just over a month ago. I was hopeful for the first week, but soon after I started to get the same swelling I was used to dealing with. I believe a new hydrocele has formed, as large or larger than the last. After a long day at work on my feet or even laying in bed reading can cause even more fluids to build up. I have my follow up with the nurse who works with the surgeon this week.

I have also heard of diets that help with lymph issues, low salt and fat maybe. Now I think I need to visit a lymphedema clinic. I have read recently that they can do a dye test to determine if it is a lymph issue. If I had been told this, I might have had this test done before going through another operation and missing work. I donated my kidney almost 8 years ago now. I’m so grateful my Dad is still alive and doing well with my kidney. No doubt though, my life hasn’t been the same with this issue. I’ll keep looking for ways to deal with this.

Michael:
Thanks for the update. I sincerely hope there is a solution and relief for you. I appreciate your willingness to openly share your experience because there are others who have or are going through similar (maybe not identical) issues.

We are here for you as a sounding board, a cheering squad, whatever you need. Please keep us posted on how you progress.

I'm wishing for wellness for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version