Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Pain management

<< < (2/3) > >>

Fr Pat:
Dear Sherri,
     Hi. It would be great, I think, if you could also post this at the Living Donors on Line page at FaceBook. There are always LOTS of questions about NSAIDS there, and many folks who check in there don't check in here.
    Fr. Pat

sherri:
Hello Fr. Pat,

always nice to "hear" from you.  You have been a longtime member of this group and always appreciate your input.

I know the facebook group is more popular but I really miss the warmth and closeness of the forum. Alas, we all must move on with change, but sometimes I just prefer the good ol' days.

And Orchid Lady, congrats on the recent kidneyversary. I know that you were just a couple of weeks before my donation. Just celebrated 11 years on 11/12/2007.

all the best to everyone,

Sherri

PastorJeff:
Hello all,

We have "moved on" in the area of pain management.  I have been keeping the medical industry employed over the last 6 months as we have sought to mitigate my sciatic pain in my left leg.  In the meantime we have discovered I have neuropathy in my feet from an unknown cause.  So I have been treating the symptoms of that and now shifted my fitness activities to swimming which is great if i don't watch the real swimmers in so much better shape.  Well anyway we have decided to go forward with a surgical option for my sciatica.  A partial decompression, if you know about such things.  Otherwise I live with the pain which my wife is much better at living with me.  I don't imagine this surgery to be as complicated as taking out a kidney  :)

Fr Pat:
Just bouncing this up to the top, to make it easier for someone to find.

Orchidlady:
Interesting that you posted this Fr. Pat. I just had gallbladder surgery two weeks ago that was a bit more complex than the standard (scar tissue from the kidney surgery and a larger than normal gallbladder). As with any abdominal surgery, there was inflammation. Surgeons office suggested taking an anti-inflammatory with the pain meds, ie  nsaid or ibuprofen - um, sorry. Can't take those. Just stuck with extra strength tylenol and patience. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version