Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Confirmed Surgery Date!

(1/3) > >>

upnover:
Met with the surgeon yesterday and confirmed the surgery date for June 7th. The meeting was short, about :20 minutes for him to tell me about the procedure (Laproscopic), post op recovery etc. Sounds like he knows what he is doing:) He even said I could get someone to take some pics of the kidney.

I guess now the waiting begins. I am so pre occupied with starting to build a house that it's hard to give much thought to whats coming up. It's funny to hear the reactions you get from people whom you have to tell. It's everything from astonishment to un belief that a person would do this. I'm not sure what the rest of you heard but I sure dont want the hero status that seems to go with this.

I just have to break the news to my recipient that the kidney comes with no warranty and no returns....as is where is.

PhilHoover:
The recipient already knows that....

Where are you having your surgery?    How old are you?   How can we help you?    I was a living kidney donor EIGHTEEN months ago....and I feel fabulous (on most days).

llinton98:
No matter what,you will be called hero, angel, saint....Just tell em you're an ordinary person who is lucky enough to be able to do a really extraordinary thing.

We're pulling for you!

Laura

Aries7:
Congratulations on getting your donation date! You are very correct about the various reactions. People are facinated and intrigued by living organ donation. I agree with you - I didn't need or want any of the  "hero" status either. Whenever it comes up, I try to use it as an opportunity to educate others about living donation.

I love the comment about the the kidney not coming with a warranty or returns - that made me laugh!

You are doing an awesome thing and we are all proud to welcome you to the club. We are all here for you whenever you need us. Please keep us updated.

Wishing you and your recipient all the best! :)

Linda

upnover:

--- Quote from: PhilHoover on April 29, 2011, 03:44:31 AM ---The recipient already knows that....

Where are you having your surgery?    How old are you?   How can we help you?    I was a living kidney donor EIGHTEEN months ago....and I feel fabulous (on most days).

--- End quote ---

I live just outside Edmonton, Alberta, and I'm 51....how can you help?

Well if you know how to pray, think of my recipient and pray that it goes well for him that day and that the kidney lasts him longer than the rest of his other organs!
This has been a great site. I really appreciate all the support and insite that others wish to share. This is a wonderful community of support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version