Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Confirmed Surgery Date!

<< < (3/3)

PhilHoover:
Your abdomen will be sore for a little while...bending, sitting,  will be bit uncomfortable...

But I would recommend seeing a good physical therapist beforehand, and make sure your primary care physician  AND surgeon explain as much to you as possible.

And this board is a well of information.

Phil Hoover
Chicago

Eldonna Edwards:
I sent an "adoption letter" with my kidney so that the recipient would know it came fro a good home. :)

As a Licensed Massage Therapist, I would recommend lymphatic massage to boost your immune system and circulation. I would recommend supine position only until your incisions are healed, and no deep tissue work. Hand and Foot Reflexology are also a good bet.

I, too, resisted the hero worship but now I use it as an opportunity to promote living donation. I tell people that we all do what we can do, and this was something I could do. Then I remind them that they are doing/have done things I might not have been willing or able to do to help another. I also let them know that if they're interested in more info about donating, I'm happy to provide it. In other words, I deflect the praise back to them, while hopefully lighting a spark that may ignite interest in becoming a donor.

Good luck and Good on you!

~~ellie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version