Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

New Here! Donating To My Cousin... (non-blood relation)

<< < (2/2)

Scott337:
It's amazing how you start getting excited for others to reach their donation date...WOW  - Jewels and Houser - you guys ROCK!  Enjoy the feeling and the other side is even greater.  Thanks for being heros!

Scott   8)

twinkie:
I am so happy for you and your cousin.  You are truly an Angel for doing such a selfless act.  I just donated my kidney last Thursday, June 9th, to my best friends father.  It has been an amazing journey and with it being only 6 days out, if I could do this all over again, I would.  So that should give you some inspiration.  It has far exceeded anything that I have ever been through and I have to give God the Glory for giving me peace from the moment that I knew I wanted to donate.  I have never had one ounce of regret or should I or could I, it has been YES all the way.  As of today, my recipient, Chuck is doing great.  His Creatine levels are 1.2 and he feels like a new man already.  There is no greater love!
Just know that everyone on this website will be here for you and encourage you along the way.  I too, loved reading the posts and stories of other donors.  We all need each other..

Can't wait to hear your after donation stories from you and Jewels... God bless and know you are in my prayers.... Twinkie/Lisa ;-)

Aries7:
Hello and Welcome!

That is fantastic that you are donating to your Cousin. I am glad you found this board. It is filled with so many wonderful people who are all so willing to share their experiences and advice. Please feel free to post as often as you need/want. Best of luck to you - July 15 will be here before you know it!

Linda

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version